Each spring the fourth grade at The Center School participates in Bridges Together which is an outstanding intergenerational curriculum that combats ageism. Sarah's Song is a good introduction to the discussion of why people of all ages are such an important part of our lives.
Activity Name: Grandparent Interview
Activity Description: Interview a grandparent, or an older friend, to learn more about that person, the world and yourself. Here are a couple of questions to get kids started.
1. What was school like for you?
2. What was your favorite thing to do when you were my age?
3. What was my mother/father like when she/he was my age?
4. What's something your mother/father told you that you'll always remember?
5. What was your favorite song when you were my age?
Day 13 of Summer Goal
MY SUMMER OFFICIALLY STARTS JUNE 19TH AND ENDS AUGUST 24TH. THAT'S 9.5 WEEKS OF SUMMER OR 66 DAYS. MY GOAL IS TO READ A MIDDLE GRADE NOVEL OR 15-20 PICTURE BOOKS A DAY FOR 50 OF THOSE DAYS. I'LL BLOG ABOUT THE BOOKS AND MY EXPERIENCE HERE. READ ON!