It's true. We all think our dogs are the best... and we're all correct! But I think what's best about this book is the fact that it's perfect for emerging readers. The three-word sentences are repetitive and simple. So, readers will feel successful when they pick up this book. I also love this activity because not everyone has a dog, yet this activity gives everyone a dog they can take home and "walk" whenever they want to. Thanks Curious City!
Activity Name: Walk the Dog
1) Color both dogs on page seven of the activity guide.
2) Fold on the solid line.
3) Cut on the dashed line.
4) Carefully poke 18+ inch wire through hole of dog's collar to craft a leash.
5) Tape 1 inch of the wire inside the dog to prevent slipping.
6) Curl the other end of the wire to make a leash handle and prevent wire poking.
7) Share your dog on Instagram @LaurieAnnThompson #mydogisthebest.
Author Website: lauriethompson.com/
Illustrator Website: www.paulschmidstudio.com/87zu25iim2zgw9tgqsxkg2wda89m8f
4N Essays Are Taking Off!
For the rest of the 2018-2019 school year, students will be writing essays about the books they recommend on our back bulletin board and their writing will be featured on our front bulletin board. Look for essays to be posted on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Celebrate with us as we grow as readers and writers.