It's true. We all think our dogs are the best... and we're all correct! But I think what's best about this book is the fact that it's perfect for emerging readers. The three-word sentences are repetitive and simple. So, readers will feel successful when they pick up this book. I also love this activity because not everyone has a dog, yet this activity gives everyone a dog they can take home and "walk" whenever they want to. Thanks Curious City!
Activity Name: Walk the Dog
1) Color both dogs on page seven of the activity guide.
2) Fold on the solid line.
3) Cut on the dashed line.
4) Carefully poke 18+ inch wire through hole of dog's collar to craft a leash.
5) Tape 1 inch of the wire inside the dog to prevent slipping.
6) Curl the other end of the wire to make a leash handle and prevent wire poking.
7) Share your dog on Instagram @LaurieAnnThompson #mydogisthebest.
Author Website: lauriethompson.com/
Illustrator Website: www.paulschmidstudio.com/87zu25iim2zgw9tgqsxkg2wda89m8f
Day 24 of Summer Goal
MY SUMMER OFFICIALLY STARTS JUNE 19TH AND ENDS AUGUST 24TH. THAT'S 9.5 WEEKS OF SUMMER OR 66 DAYS. MY ORIGINAL GOAL WAS TO READ A MIDDLE GRADE NOVEL OR 15-20 PICTURE BOOKS A DAY FOR 50 OF THOSE DAYS, BUT MY NEW GOAL IS TO SHOOT FOR 30 DAYS. I DIDN'T REALIZE I'D END UP DOING TEXT SETS! I'LL BLOG ABOUT THE BOOKS AND MY EXPERIENCE HERE. READ ON!