Each person in our classroom has an assigned number and a basket in which he or she chooses a book that he or she thinks other people in our class should read. On Friday of each week, four to five students will have their choices featured here. In addition, each students' choice for the week will be listed.
Student #18: El Deafo by Cece Bell is a great book. I like it because it’s funny, and it’s full of entertainment. This book is cool because it shows how you don’t have to listen about what people say to you, just be yourself.
Student #19: My book recommendation is a book called Nighttime: Too Afraid to Scream by Todd Strasser. I like it because it has multiple stories. One of my favorites is "The Hitchhikers." I like it because the hitchhikers appear next door in the cabin to the protagonists at the end, and the dad drops the coffee.
Student #22: Ranger’s Apprentice by John Flanagan is a very good book. I recommend it because my brother read it and loved it. It’s about an apprentice who learns to be a ranger and goes to different lands and fights in wars.
1. Stone Fox by John Reynolds Gardiner
2. Sisters by Raina Telgemeier
3. Winter Shadow by Richard Knight
4. I Survived the Shark Attack of 1916 by Lauren Tarshis
5. I Survived the Destruction of Pompeii, A.D. 79 by Lauren Tarshis
6. Clementine's Letter by Sara Pennypacker
7. Top Elf by Caleb Zane Huett
Mrs. Narita. Pipsqueaks, Slowpokes and Stinkers by Melissa Stewart
9. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
10. Fish In a Tree by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
11. A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
12. The Case of the Case of Mistaken Identity by Mac Barnett
13. Lucky by Ellen Miles
14. Because of Winn Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
15. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
16. The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan
17. Ramona Quimby Age Eight by Beverly Cleary
18. El Deafo by Cece Bell
19. Nighttime: Too Afraid to Scream by Todd Strasser
20. Wings of Fire: The Hidden Kingdom by Tui Sutherland
21. The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan
22. Ranger's Apprentice by John Flanagan
Day 24 of Summer Goal
MY SUMMER OFFICIALLY STARTS JUNE 19TH AND ENDS AUGUST 24TH. THAT'S 9.5 WEEKS OF SUMMER OR 66 DAYS. MY ORIGINAL GOAL WAS TO READ A MIDDLE GRADE NOVEL OR 15-20 PICTURE BOOKS A DAY FOR 50 OF THOSE DAYS, BUT MY NEW GOAL IS TO SHOOT FOR 30 DAYS. I DIDN'T REALIZE I'D END UP DOING TEXT SETS! I'LL BLOG ABOUT THE BOOKS AND MY EXPERIENCE HERE. READ ON!