Each person in our classroom has an assigned number and a basket in which he or she chooses a book that he or she thinks other people in our class should read. On Friday of each week, four to five students will have their choices featured here. In addition, each students' choice for the week will be listed. I swear I did not bribe two of my students to feature my book this week… I must have done something well last week!
Dear Lauren Tarshis,
I love your book The Japanese Tsunami! It is great that you make the reader feel like they are in the book. I always wondered what a tsunami was like. How many feet tall was the tsunami. What is your next book?
9. Because of Winn Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
10. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
11. 39 Clues: The Sword Thief by Rick Riordan
12. The Case of the Mistaken Identity by Mac Barnett
13. I Survived the San Francisco Earthquake by Lauren Tarshis
14. The Puppy Place: Lucky by Ellen Miles
15. 100 Bugs! A Counting Book by Kate Narita
16. Wings of Fire: The Dragonet Prophecy by Tui Sutherland
17. The Report Card by Andrew Clements
18. 100 Bugs! A Counting Book by Kate Narita
19. The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer
20. Wings of Fire: The Hidden Kingdom by Tui Sutherland
21. I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic by Lauren Tarshis
22. The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
Day 13 of Summer Goal
MY SUMMER OFFICIALLY STARTS JUNE 19TH AND ENDS AUGUST 24TH. THAT'S 9.5 WEEKS OF SUMMER OR 66 DAYS. MY GOAL IS TO READ A MIDDLE GRADE NOVEL OR 15-20 PICTURE BOOKS A DAY FOR 50 OF THOSE DAYS. I'LL BLOG ABOUT THE BOOKS AND MY EXPERIENCE HERE. READ ON!