It's true. We all think our dogs are the best... and we're all correct! But I think what's best about this book is the fact that it's perfect for emerging readers. The three-word sentences are repetitive and simple. So, readers will feel successful when they pick up this book. I also love this activity because not everyone has a dog, yet this activity gives everyone a dog they can take home and "walk" whenever they want to. Thanks Curious City!
Activity Name: Walk the Dog
1) Color both dogs on page seven of the activity guide.
2) Fold on the solid line.
3) Cut on the dashed line.
4) Carefully poke 18+ inch wire through hole of dog's collar to craft a leash.
5) Tape 1 inch of the wire inside the dog to prevent slipping.
6) Curl the other end of the wire to make a leash handle and prevent wire poking.
7) Share your dog on Instagram @LaurieAnnThompson #mydogisthebest.
Author Website: lauriethompson.com/
Illustrator Website: www.paulschmidstudio.com/87zu25iim2zgw9tgqsxkg2wda89m8f
Chalk and Ink
Chalk and Ink is a biweekly podcast that publishes on Fridays throughout the school year. Learn how teachers who write and writers who teach combine craft moves to create outstanding products for their students and readers. Download Chalk and Ink wherever you get your favorite podcasts.