It's true. We all think our dogs are the best... and we're all correct! But I think what's best about this book is the fact that it's perfect for emerging readers. The three-word sentences are repetitive and simple. So, readers will feel successful when they pick up this book. I also love this activity because not everyone has a dog, yet this activity gives everyone a dog they can take home and "walk" whenever they want to. Thanks Curious City!
Activity Name: Walk the Dog
1) Color both dogs on page seven of the activity guide.
2) Fold on the solid line.
3) Cut on the dashed line.
4) Carefully poke 18+ inch wire through hole of dog's collar to craft a leash.
5) Tape 1 inch of the wire inside the dog to prevent slipping.
6) Curl the other end of the wire to make a leash handle and prevent wire poking.
7) Share your dog on Instagram @LaurieAnnThompson #mydogisthebest.
Author Website: lauriethompson.com/
Illustrator Website: www.paulschmidstudio.com/87zu25iim2zgw9tgqsxkg2wda89m8f
Chalk + Ink
Chalk + Ink is a biweekly podcast that publishes on Fridays throughout the school year. Sign up for our monthly newsletter to get notified of new episodes. Download Chalk + Ink wherever you get your favorite podcasts. Feeling inspired, grateful, and generous?