The Science of Unbreakable Things meets Silver Meadows Summer in Star Light Wishes, a vibrant, poignant middle grade debut about the coming-of-age moment when kids realize our most powerful action is asking for help.
There it is.
The pitch for the novel that I've been writing for a decade.
The pitch that I couldn't have written until two months ago because I didn't realize that's what the novel was about.
The pitch that I didn't want to be true.
Because let's face it.
If our most powerful action is asking for help, that means it's something I need to do, too.
So what do I need help with?
Too much to write about in one blog post, that's for sure. But I'll give it the good 'ole top ten treatment.
10. I need help being vulnerable.
9. I need help admitting I erred.
8. I need help accepting my skin is losing collagen faster than milk spills from a toppled glass.
7. I need help accepting that if I workout with anything heavier than three pound weights, I hurt myself.
6. I need help celebrating others.
5. I need help celebrating myself.
4. I need help learning how to do nothing.
3. I need help learning how to have fun.
2. I need help forgiving myself.
1. I need help asking for help.