Each spring the fourth grade at The Center School participates in Bridges Together which is an outstanding intergenerational curriculum that combats ageism. Sarah's Song is a good introduction to the discussion of why people of all ages are such an important part of our lives.
Activity Name: Grandparent Interview
Activity Description: Interview a grandparent, or an older friend, to learn more about that person, the world and yourself. Here are a couple of questions to get kids started.
1. What was school like for you?
2. What was your favorite thing to do when you were my age?
3. What was my mother/father like when she/he was my age?
4. What's something your mother/father told you that you'll always remember?
5. What was your favorite song when you were my age?
Want to hang out with teachers who write and writers who teach? Fill this form to join our